Questions to ask yourself regarding important details and information
- I use a graphically great company logo or name.
- My toll-free and toll phone numbers and fax number are on each page.
- A copyright notice is on each page.
- The title matches each HTML page.
- I provide the city and state where you are located
- The “last updated” date is included on the home page and selected pages.
- I’ve got a professional photo of myself on my site so people can relate to me.
- I have included an FAQ section.
- Each page has a consistent look and feel.
- I have meta tags on each page, not just the home page.
- I’ve had someone read my site and help me remove all jargon.
Questions to ask yourself regarding basic content
- I explain who I am and what makes me special.
- I explain the services I offer and how they work.
- I clearly state how much my services benefit the reader.
- I have a list of solutions that will appeal to most of my visitors.
- I describe at least three benefits to people who use my service.
- I offer several things or services for free at my site to get people started.
- I have a page containing links that might interest the visitor.
- The site is organized around what’s important to the visitor, not just what’s important to me.
- I explain who visits my site and what I can do for them.