I had the privilege of being a part of a small audience that got to interact with Dr. John Maxwell on his book, Today Matters.
He is an amazing speaker and an insightful master of the teaching craft. If you ever have the opportunity to catch him live or pick up one of his many, many books, you won’t be disappointed.
Here’s some of the “nuggets” from that day -
- The secret of your success is discovered in your daily agenda.
- The greatest hindrance to today’s success is yesterday’s success.
- We exaggerate yesterday’s importance, we overestimate tomorrow potential and we underestimate today’s power
- Make everyday your masterpiece
- If you give 50% today, you can’t give 150% tomorrow.
- Most people don’t lead their lives, they just accept their lives.
- Successful people make important decisions early then spend the rest of their life managing those decisions
- You cannot manage a decision you haven’t made
- Don’t expect others to make you happy
- Take responsibility for your attitude
- People don’t pay for average
- Attitude controls possibilities, it’s the difference maker
- Grow every day
- Do what you are best at
- Priorities bring focus, manage priorities to maximize time.
- If you leave something on the table today, it won’t be there tomorrow